Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Up, up and away

Reading that title I was thinking how I have always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon, now after seeing the footage of the one that caught fire in Surrey BC and fell out of the sky, well I am not so certain. I don't know if I will ever get that image out of my head. Still I am determined not to let fear rule my life. I am so afraid of everything and such a worrywart, I don't want to miss out on anything because of a fear. No doubt driving on the streets nearby is the most dangerous of all activities I indulge in. As Helen Keller said --

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.


-- Helen Keller

What the title really meant (to me) was that I am trying to keep my spirits UP and my excitement UP before our trip. Dear Hubby is SO excited it is a lot like having a kid before Christmas and I don't want to put a damper on that at all. I think some of my bluesy feelings are just from that "time" of the month and the work I had planned to get done getting the house all clean and everything prior to going. I KNOW I will have a good time I love to travel and see new things. Plus I know it is silly but I hate leaving the furbabies in the kennel they look at me with those big sad eyes (don't look, don't look says Hubby) at least I can look forward to the BIG enthusiastic welcome we get when we pick them back up. It is only a week after all.
So, I guess I will make my packing check list, nothing like a little over organizing and detail managing to distract me. I am a lot better at planning things than actually DOING them!

No comments: