Wednesday, August 01, 2007

back again -

Well look at that! All my good intentions to post in a consistent fashion right out the window where all my other good intentions seem to go.
I think I am on the other side of my blue funk combined with heavy work load. But then over the weekend I was a basket case over things like finding a dog locked in a car in the hot sun without even a window cracked. I was SO upset I was shaking and we couldn't find the owners and I didn't know what I would say to them when I did. I felt so small and helpless and depressed about the state of our world. When we came back from searching the store the car was gone and there was nothing more to be done. So, I am just about over this trauma and I read about how two KIDS were left in a hot car all day. People all over this world have kids they don't appreciate or care for and then there are those of us who have so much love in our hearts that never got the opportunity to parent. I so wanted to believe in justice and Karma and things that just don't seem to be real.
On the up side, after much see sawing and indecision about a vacation Bob and I just up and booked a cruise. The price was very good, it leaves out of Seattle so there wont be airfare involved. I am excited. We were all hyped up for Mexico and I do think that trip will happen when the time is right, but with the hot flashes I have been having lately I think Alaska sounds much more my pace right now. It feels really good to have something to look forward to. I think we are going to plan our next trip soon and have a lot of time to look forward. We are talking about a cruise in 2009 smack in between both of our 50th birthdays (gosh that looks AWFUL in print)!! The cruise lines will celebrate an occasion 45 days prior or up to 30 days after and since there are only 6 weeks between our birthdays we should be able to make that work. I used to think I would have a big surprise party for Bob, he is so in to surprises. But then I remembered we don't really have any friends to invite. So this sounds like a good thing to look forward to.
Well that is quite a bit of yakking, I'll try yet again to come around more and I look forward to sharing some of our vacation which is only a month away.

No comments: