Saturday, February 04, 2012

Kennedy Space Center

One of the things on my list! I have been a bit of a life long space geek. I loved seeing where the shuttles have launched and hearing about the new things NASA is doing. The weather was wonderful the drive out toward the ocean scenic. I didn't get any pictures but we saw plenty of alligators in the canals as the entire area was a nature preserve. We did the shuttle launch ride that was supposed to simulate riding the shuttle in take off, wow did we feel the g-force, pretty cool when it leveled out and you could see the planet. Close enough to the real thing for me! On the way home we stopped to get a nice sized cache to leave some trackables in, Bob was injured in the line of geocaching (this happens quite a bit) scared me I thought he poked his eye out when he came up holding his hand over it. At least he found the treasure!! This was a wonderful vacation day. (except for the injuries).







No comments: