Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vacation Day











Vacations are happening a day at time around here this year. Bob works weekends, the girl who can cover for me when I take time off is going to school this summer and is only available certain days. Anyway I'll take what I can get! I got all the quarterly reports finished on Tuesday and deserved a break today!
So we played tourist! I really enjoyed visiting the Future of Flight center at Boeing Field in Everett. They have the biggest building in the WORLD and it was awe inspiring to see. They didn't allow photos inside though and I think they meant it. They asked when you bought your ticket, they announced it at the movie and then once you are on the tour bus they send in a stern looking Boeing Security guy who gives you one "last chance" to turn in your electronis (and I was AMAZED that two people handed over their phones at this point). Geez.. We spent some time on the observation decks watching all the hard workers down below (stare at their computers or 3 guys watching one actually do some work). They are pretty proud of their new dreamliner, that is lighter due to being made of "composite".. does this mean plastic airplanes??
The "gallery" had some neat exhibits and I am looking forward to the entertainment options of the future and the supposedly larger planes with more seat space and lighting that simulates the time outdoors. I found it all interesting. They had an observation deck where you could watch the small and large airplanes take off and land and you could hear the tower and planes talk to each other. I found this interesting too. Most of the people seemed to be from far away in fact a couple of people in our tour found out they lived near each other in Vermont!
I enjoyed playing tourist not so very far from home.

No comments: