Monday, July 05, 2010

Historic House

The home that my parents live in and that my family moved in to my sophomore year of high school, was originally located in Taylor Washington and was moved to the town of Maple Valley, I found an archived photo my Dad says it is the first of the three houses to the right

I found it quite funny that we met a woman who remembered the house being moved on our tour of Taylor, she remembered the darn thing getting stuck on a corner and blocking the road when her boyfriend was on his way up to pick her up :) Somehow it makes the event more real to me who wasn't born yet when this all occured. This is a photo of the house after the move.

I need to get a photo of how it looks "now" some 50 years later after the move. This is family history after all :)

No comments: