Thursday, September 13, 2007

Day one at Sea

It is already getting hard to remember and it was only last week!
Tonight Bob and I went to a Mariner's game. We weren't planning it but we were offered free (good) tickets and well we can't resist that price. :)

So... Our first full day on the ship was a Sea Day (no ports of call) we amused ourselves exploring and checking out where the food was! We joined a slot tournament, I was eliminated quickly but Bob eventually ended up in 4th place and all he got was a lousy T-shirt



In the afternoon we went to a wine tasting where they used a lot of fancy words to describe the taste and smell of different wines. I could tell by the prices they were mostly wines I would never be ordering so it was kind of fun to discover what I did and didn't care for and have fancy cheeses in between. As always I loved the dessert wine, I guess even my adult beverages I prefer with a lot of sweetness. I managed to feel a bit tipsy after tasting 6 wines I am pretty out of practice at drinking. The ship had a little extra rolling action this first night which may have contributed to this feeling :)

We ended the evening in one of the show lounges and watched a comedian that had me really laughing! Here is a photo of me in the Vista lounge.



During the course of this day we managed breakfast at the Horizon Court buffet, lunch at the Terrace grill poolside, afternoon tea in the main dining room (love those scones and clotted cream) dinner of prime rib that was fantastic and then tea and chocolate chip cookies ordered room service right before bed. By now I am beginning to remember Bob's travel motto that you can always sleep when you get home. When we got to our room to find the cabin steward had turned the beds down for the night he left us a cute little towel elephant, I love this little touch.



More tomorrow...

1 comment:

Bec said...

OK, I need to get out more. I have never seen a towel folded any fancy way like that. It is very cute -- and an elephant no less! How perfect and welcoming was that?

It looks wonderful. I hope you post more pictures.