Monday, May 14, 2007

Bec tagged me her Chinese Freeze tag, I don't really know anyone to forward it to who keeps a blog, I'll think on this some more.
But I will try to come up with 10 things about me.

1) I didn't get married until I was 32 years old and had already given up on the idea of THAT ever happening.

2) We got married in Reno Nevada I was too shy to think of a crowed of people watching, many family members followed us there so it wasn't as small as we had planned.

3) We tried to get pregnant for many long years from the day of our marriage to when we just sort of realized I was too old for it to happen. By then it seemed late in life to begin the new journey of adoption and we have for the most part adapted to living without children in our home.
I am only angry that people with money can buy the help they need and those of us with less resources don't have the same opportunities.

4) I was in love with flying airplanes as a young adult. Money I earned was spent paying for lessons. I soloed in a Cessna 150 at the age of 19 and it was one of my proudest moments. I passed the written exam but didn't pursue it all the way to a license.

5) I transferred to a new high school as a Sophomore I disliked the new school intensely and never made many friends. I envy people who spend their entire school life in one place.

6) When I was in Junior High School I woke up to hear on the radio that my school building was burning down. Every kids dream right? I could have slept in but promptly rode my bike up to watch it burn. (This was not as cool as expected as we had to be bussed to a different school the next year).

7) I believe I have failed more diet programs and attempts to lose weight than any other living person. I even did poorly with a drastic weight loss surgery. It seems less important at this moment to be thinner, except when my knees hurt.

8) I love to travel and see new places, which seems at odds with being a scaredy cat who doesn't like to leave her comfort zone unless she has to.

9) My biggest fear when flying is that that darn beverage cart will be between me and the bathroom and I REALLY gotta go! Crashing seems way too remote to worry about, this is REAL!

10) My best friend for the past 10+ years lives on the other side of the country. The odds of us connecting in this big Internet world seem so remote and such a blessing.

No comments: