This picture is me in the front left, playing a silly game. My niece Holli who has worked as a camp counselor for a few years now and has become a wonderful facilitator taught us to play this game while the family was in Montana for niece Sarah's high school graduation.
The rules are simple, each team has their back to the other and decides if they will be a surfer, a shark or a wave, there is a body action for each word. It is like rock paper scissors the wave takes the shark, the shark takes the surfer, the surfer takes the wave or something like that. You turn around doing your action, and then decide if you should be running from what the other team is doing or chasing the other team and trying to "tag" them to join your team.
I was SO bad I have never laughed so hard in my life. By the time I figured out if I should be running to or running fro some smart youngster had already tagged me. My nieces and nephews found my ineptitude highly entertaining. I laughed until tears ran down my face.
Even though it was a day I had to admit I am old and slow, it is a memory of a sunny happy carefree day with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment