Sunday, September 24, 2006

Boring blogs..

I suppose my blog is only interesting to people who want to know about me (both of you?) but as a fan of blogs I have tried to mentally decide what is just so boring it is painful to read. This is my list of the most boring blog reading.
1) Explanations of why a person has not been blogging. I appreciate when my favorite people pop in to say I will be back, no worries. But endless explanations of the minutia that is keeping someone from posting, well. It is about as boring as any other excuse in life.
2) Self congratulations. I have a few friends who blogs seem to serve a purpose of building up their own self esteem. I am not quite sure of the motivation of telling the world what you are good at and why. But I find it boring reading and helps to make my life and self feel even more inadquate. Maybe it is less boring than just plain no fun for me.
3) Details. I love travel blogs! But how you get there just isn't all that interesting unless there are mishaps or humor involved. What you had for dinner isn't all that entralling unless it is different, ethnic or unique. But there are people that read Danielle Steele and like to read long details of what everyone is wearing so maybe this is just me.
Now I guess I will ponder what I most enjoy reading on blogs!

1 comment:

Bec said...

Hi Alicia, I'm glad to see you decided to go ahead and start a blog. I think they are sort of public journals . . . as long as you don't write something bad about someone who is likely to read it, you're all set :-)