Thoughts on clearing and cleaning my life, my brain, my house, my car, my dogs, my negative energy, the list is endless...
Wednesday, May 09, 2012
Geocaching Adventures
It was really nice to spend an afternoon and a few evenings doing mini cache runs. Seems like it has
been a long time since we have been able to go on a regular basis. As the weather gets better a walk
someplace new starts to sound very appealing. Here are a few pics I took as we wandered around
We had a couple of really nice finds in the Sumner area. We had to ask for a hint on this one that was a "vine" that had to be pulled down.
This is the first time we had seen one like it. The owner (An Alaska airline pilot) didn't want to give too much away I guess he gave me
the general orientation and the "hint" of what they often give you when you are in the ER or admitted to the hospital. Well I sort of pictured
a surgical tube and was looking for that but what he was trying to tell me was IVY.. I.V... something I have seen far too many of and still
can't believe I didn't GET this hint until we were walking back to the car and Bob said it out loud.. GEEZZZ All in all this one was fun
and a very pretty location by the river
.The one that gave me the biggest smile was called BBQ chicken, it was hidden in the woods behind a KFC.. This was under a big piece of bark, you
can't really tell from the photo but this is only about 6 inches big with a tiny little chicken.. gave it a favorite vote for sure
Sometimes it is the easiest that take a minute. This sign has the number of the cache right on it, but we still had to really look to see it..
.
We ended up having to use the PAF (phone a friend) plan to get this one found, Bob and I both had our hand right on it but didn't pull it just right. This was a pretty little place and one of my favorite things about Geocaching is the new places it takes us to that we may never have slowed down to take a look at without this hobby. Hope to go Geocaching with YOU soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment