Thursday, May 14, 2009

Today was my Birthday...

We still aren't going to talk numbers :) maybe next year. But today was my birthday. I took the day off but got a slow start to the day. I was thinking I really should have just gone to work because when you aren't sure you WANT a birthday you don't want too much time to think about it LOL. But Bob was off by 1:00 and we started then. I had a craving for pizza which I don't let myself eat too often so we went to the Roundtable buffet, I was full after the salad bar but still managed some pizza. Then we went to Joe's closing sale to see if there were any bargains, there are people holding signs on every corner. Well don't bother they have already got rid of most of their normal stock and what is left is no bargain. While checking out at Joe's I got a call to come check out something at work, we weren't doing anything anyway so we headed over there before going to the movie. When I got there I discovered there had been a delivery for me. What a really unexpected and appreciated surprise!
they smell SO GOOD I left them on my desk so I could enjoy them at work all day tomorrow before taking them home.
So at that point we put off the show an hour and had a little time to kill so we stopped at Starbucks and used the gift card I got from my niece Ronni and just sat and relaxed for a bit.

Next we went to the fancy movie place (we are usually at the $3.00 movie house) at least we were before the evening prices. It was a good pick there weren't more than a dozen people in the biggest theater, we went up to the top and spread ourselves out. I love when the arm rests pull out of the way. I really enjoyed it, I tried not to have too high of expectations, to me it wasn't quite "really" Trek but it was a good show in and of itself with new people (with similar names and stories). I was not disappointed it was a nice way to spend a couple hours and we splurged for popcorn and everything! Of course we couldn't manage dinner after that but that is probably for the best.

It is always good not to have "expectations", in the end it was a very special day. Bob had a card and box of the See's candies he knows I love so even though he was instructed not to spend money it feels good to be remembered.

Thanks to ALL my loved ones.

No comments: