

More from the photos I have been sorting through. In the 1950's my Grandmother Sandhei ran a cafe in Maple Valley where our family still lives. That is her in the photo, I have heard people drove a long way for her chili and remembering when she used to make it for us as kids I am not surprised by this. Get a load of these
prices!

There were several theories tossed out about how my parents met, my Mom said it was just that her Mother was working for my Dad's Mother at this cafe and she would be there and he helped out most nights cleaning the grill etc. My memory is later when my Mom's Mother had her own cafe on the other side of Maple Valley. Feeding people is in my history but if you ask either of my parents if they want anything to do with running a restaurant they will say NO WAY too much work!
No comments:
Post a Comment