Sunday, January 04, 2009

Whidbey Island Cache Machine

January 3rd we joined an organized route of caches with a bunch of other avid geocachers on a "cache machine". This was on beautiful Whidbey Island! It was FREEZING okay it was mostly 33 and 34 degress so maybe not literally freezing but with the strong winds lets say I was REALLY COLD most of the day. We hemmed and hawed about going as these are tiring and we couldn't really afford to board the dogs and stay in a motel. In the end we decided to go just for the day and do as much as felt right to us and head back home when we were ready. I liked the no expectations part of the day. We ended up having a really great time! We took the dogs with us and they had a ball playing on the beach and walking the trails and being pet by all the kids and dog lovers we ran in to. We said we would go home early but we ended up staying for dinner and enjoying the company of friends. We drove up there at 4:30 in the morning and were home by 10:00 pm. But it was a long day. The dogs haven't moved off the couch and Bob and I haven't done much better it really took a lot out of us. I think pizza for dinner. So in the end we added 36 caches in one day! I added our stats bar to the blog and see that we really have to hide a cache one of these days. Here are some photos from the day.




An erratic earthcache
Bob and Tucker at West Beach
the Passion Pit was the cutest hide of the day The Passion Pit :)

No comments: