Friday, January 02, 2009

1st Night

New Years Eve started out rather sucky. With keys locked in the car and spare keys to the house ALSO locked in the car and LONG waits for AAA suffice to say we kept telling ourself it was the end of 2008 which hadn't been the best of years so we can still be hopeful for 2009.
First night is a pretty cool celebration with lots of street performers and music and entertainment venues. Somet things were better this year, more stores stayed open (more hot coffee stops) the weather could have been kinder, I got so cold all I could think of was going home.



You could make a wish and bang the gong for luck, I hope it worked! My fortune said I was going to travel to a cold climate.. Alaska I am ready!








I felt like we were really celebrating having something to eat at the Harmon brewery with the band playing oldies very loud. Woo hoo..


They say how you spend New Years Eve is how your year will go on, well we shared a really decadent slice of cake, went home where I fell asleep in the chair, but Bob woke me up for a quick midnight kiss. I think we have possibilities for 2009.

No comments: