I have been looking forward to vacation for so long, it was scheduled to happen in February when it was finally decided due to my health we should postpone. This was less than we had planned but still a very welcome change of scenery. I felt relaxed and tried not to think about work or my health just to be in the moment and the truly beautiful scenery that Alaska offers. I confess to also especially enjoying some lovely music on the ship and some yummy food, the warm bread pudding with caramel sauce.. yummy.. the weather as we left Seattle was perfect, in Ketchikan we were told it was the best day of the cruise season. Juneau and Skagway were well, like home in the fall misty not cold and we felt at home and not bothered by some who thought it was cold. We proved we can travel on a budget. The only things we did at each port was geocache and are thrilled to add three Alaska towns and British Columbia to our caching stats page.
Now I need to plan the NEXT excursion. It just helps me so much to have something or things to look forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment