Portland Oregon Cache Machine! We decided not to do this one. Saving money, blah blah, but then the night before we were like, "could we do this on one day? take the dogs along like when we did Whidbey Island?" we decided yes, loaded up the car and left the house at 2 AM!! to join up with everyone at the starting point at 5 AM. Before leaving I made sure Bob realized I could not make the ENTIRE day (dinner was set for 8:30 pm) unless we stayed over so we just decided to cache for a while, drive over and grab the original stash something we have wanted to do for a while now and then mosey on home. They day started out a little off, I had a headache and hadn't brought any tylenol, I spilled a FULL cup of mocha over my cozy blanket and pillow and purse and coat (luckily it was warm enough by then I didn't need them anymore). Shortly thereafter I stood up unwisely under a steel bridge and banged my already throbbing head. But sweet Bob got my coffee and as soon as Target opened I got tylenol and sunglasses and things started to improve. We found caches near the Portland airport most of the morning and EARLY on a Saturday the traffic was quite manageable. We started some new travel bugs and I am scared to report they were picked up by a KID who doesn't have a lot of finds and I am worried about their future and not happy with some adults as this was a LOCKED cache that seemed safe. Oh well I will hope for the best. We saw the CUTES Travel Bug spa and hotel and started a coin there too. This ended up being a fun day, perfect weather, nice people to run in to, beautiful sights, we were home by 8PM and the dogs slept and slept we tuckered us ALL out.
Thoughts on clearing and cleaning my life, my brain, my house, my car, my dogs, my negative energy, the list is endless...
Monday, June 27, 2011
PDX CM 2
Portland Oregon Cache Machine! We decided not to do this one. Saving money, blah blah, but then the night before we were like, "could we do this on one day? take the dogs along like when we did Whidbey Island?" we decided yes, loaded up the car and left the house at 2 AM!! to join up with everyone at the starting point at 5 AM. Before leaving I made sure Bob realized I could not make the ENTIRE day (dinner was set for 8:30 pm) unless we stayed over so we just decided to cache for a while, drive over and grab the original stash something we have wanted to do for a while now and then mosey on home. They day started out a little off, I had a headache and hadn't brought any tylenol, I spilled a FULL cup of mocha over my cozy blanket and pillow and purse and coat (luckily it was warm enough by then I didn't need them anymore). Shortly thereafter I stood up unwisely under a steel bridge and banged my already throbbing head. But sweet Bob got my coffee and as soon as Target opened I got tylenol and sunglasses and things started to improve. We found caches near the Portland airport most of the morning and EARLY on a Saturday the traffic was quite manageable. We started some new travel bugs and I am scared to report they were picked up by a KID who doesn't have a lot of finds and I am worried about their future and not happy with some adults as this was a LOCKED cache that seemed safe. Oh well I will hope for the best. We saw the CUTES Travel Bug spa and hotel and started a coin there too. This ended up being a fun day, perfect weather, nice people to run in to, beautiful sights, we were home by 8PM and the dogs slept and slept we tuckered us ALL out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment