It was a fine day, started out with glorious sunshine so I will remember that part before the evenings torrential rain. We started at Denny's where I got my free Grand Slam and Happy Birthday wishes from the waitress. I went to visit my stylist (also known as niece Sarah) at the salon she works at and got my hair trimmed. I have been thinking too much about how thin and sad it is getting and was glad that she could even it out and make it seem more normal to me. We came home and got the dogs and took them for a walk at 5 mile lake one of their favorite places to snif and leave P-Mail. Came home and got ready for our evening,had a chance to wear my bling I got for my birthday the sparkly jacked from Mom and blingy watch from Julie. we had a light dinner at Dukes and attended an "interactive mystery fundraiser" called whine sleuth. I enjoyed it even though as I expected I wasn't terribly good at figuring out the mystery. They also had a contest where you had to name the TV series by its theme song. I did pretty good collaborating with Bob at recognizing the themes from Hawaii 5-0, Magnum PI, Rockford Files, Monk, Dexter, Hill Street Blues. Bob as usual, hung out at the Silent Auction tables but I was thrilled when he bought a basket of kitchen stuff many with dog themes we got it for a great price and it was so fun to open and see what was in it. I tasted every kind of wine :) It was a nice way to turn 52. I don't feel any different than I did any of the last decade but after some of the health "issues" I felt an appreciation for feeling well and celebrating another birthday. Thanks for all the good wishes.
Thoughts on clearing and cleaning my life, my brain, my house, my car, my dogs, my negative energy, the list is endless...
Sunday, May 15, 2011
How I spent my birthday
It was a fine day, started out with glorious sunshine so I will remember that part before the evenings torrential rain. We started at Denny's where I got my free Grand Slam and Happy Birthday wishes from the waitress. I went to visit my stylist (also known as niece Sarah) at the salon she works at and got my hair trimmed. I have been thinking too much about how thin and sad it is getting and was glad that she could even it out and make it seem more normal to me. We came home and got the dogs and took them for a walk at 5 mile lake one of their favorite places to snif and leave P-Mail. Came home and got ready for our evening,had a chance to wear my bling I got for my birthday the sparkly jacked from Mom and blingy watch from Julie. we had a light dinner at Dukes and attended an "interactive mystery fundraiser" called whine sleuth. I enjoyed it even though as I expected I wasn't terribly good at figuring out the mystery. They also had a contest where you had to name the TV series by its theme song. I did pretty good collaborating with Bob at recognizing the themes from Hawaii 5-0, Magnum PI, Rockford Files, Monk, Dexter, Hill Street Blues. Bob as usual, hung out at the Silent Auction tables but I was thrilled when he bought a basket of kitchen stuff many with dog themes we got it for a great price and it was so fun to open and see what was in it. I tasted every kind of wine :) It was a nice way to turn 52. I don't feel any different than I did any of the last decade but after some of the health "issues" I felt an appreciation for feeling well and celebrating another birthday. Thanks for all the good wishes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment