















We live 15 minutes from Downtown Tacoma, yet we don't often find a reason to visit this city. Well there happened to be a geocaching event on a Thursday night, this is pretty unusual everything seems to happen on a weekend. It was sponsored by the Tacoma Art Museum, a place I have been meaning to visit. We found out this event was on a Third Thursday of the month when all the museums downtown have free admission from 5 to 8 pm. Now that I have had a look at them I really want to make it down there and visit each of these museums. There is the Washington State History Museum, the Chihuly Glass Museum and the Tacoma Art Museum, we could see just enough of the art museum and the glass to really peak my interest.
This event was a geotagging scavenger hunt for ART in the Tacoma downtown area. We were given GPS coordinates and hints to find 17 different pieces of art. The weather was perfect, My Sister Marlea, niece Holli and nephew Kane joined Bob and I so we had great company. The puzzles were just hard enough and the other people doing the hunt friendly and helpful. All it all it totally exceeded my expectations and made for a great summer memory. The photos are not great I took them with my phone, next time I'll carry a real camera. Maybe I will get some better ones from Kane who was our designated photographer (and often puzzle solver). Holli took the lead with or without a GPS and we were a pretty good team! I hope we get the chance to do something like this again. The saw some really great art, some things I wondered about, an awesome sign that changed as you moved up the street.
No comments:
Post a Comment