Not much going on but a few highlights. We attended the DAWN (Domestic Abused Women's Network) fundraising auction. We were not really the type they try to attract to these events because they want people with say, "money to spend" however we were invited this year because they honored my Mother-in-Law Judi with the Legacy award for her years of service to the organization and the fact that she survived domestic abuse at a time when there were few services to help. It was a very nice tribute and I think it would have pleased Judi very much (or should I say did please her because if anyone can look down from heaven and keep an eye on things I am sure it would be Judi). Her Grandaughter (my niece) Sarah was a volunteer and helped to display things up for auction. She did a great job.
Thoughts on clearing and cleaning my life, my brain, my house, my car, my dogs, my negative energy, the list is endless...
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
DAWN Auction
Hello again,
Not much going on but a few highlights. We attended the DAWN (Domestic Abused Women's Network) fundraising auction. We were not really the type they try to attract to these events because they want people with say, "money to spend" however we were invited this year because they honored my Mother-in-Law Judi with the Legacy award for her years of service to the organization and the fact that she survived domestic abuse at a time when there were few services to help. It was a very nice tribute and I think it would have pleased Judi very much (or should I say did please her because if anyone can look down from heaven and keep an eye on things I am sure it would be Judi). Her Grandaughter (my niece) Sarah was a volunteer and helped to display things up for auction. She did a great job.
Not much going on but a few highlights. We attended the DAWN (Domestic Abused Women's Network) fundraising auction. We were not really the type they try to attract to these events because they want people with say, "money to spend" however we were invited this year because they honored my Mother-in-Law Judi with the Legacy award for her years of service to the organization and the fact that she survived domestic abuse at a time when there were few services to help. It was a very nice tribute and I think it would have pleased Judi very much (or should I say did please her because if anyone can look down from heaven and keep an eye on things I am sure it would be Judi). Her Grandaughter (my niece) Sarah was a volunteer and helped to display things up for auction. She did a great job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment