Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cache Machine

Well a lotta caching has been going on since I posted last. Bob and I did our first ever "Cache Machine" which is where a lot of people do the same route of caches in the same time frame. Someone takes the time to map it all out and choose caches that aren't too difficult or too far to hike. We had a great time. We didn't like everyone we met up with. Some were really in a hurry which seems kind of a sad way to approach this hobby. But we met some really fun people and some interesting people and enjoyed our long and ardous day. I didn't take a lot of photos even though I carried a camera the entire time. Lunch was at a chache that was at someones home and it was a welcome rest stop although many were in a hurry to hit the road again.

We started at 6:30 in the morning and met at the restaurant for dinner at 7:00 pm and cached the entire day but for the lunch stop. Bob and I logged 56 caches for the day and hit our milestone of 400 finds!! Woo Hoo!!

So I took some photos of the caches we did on Sunday, these were mostly to take the dogs on an outing as they are geodogs who love to go and got left at home for a very long day on Saturday. Bob had the camera for a while and I guess this is what he saw...


This short hike was to a cache called What a View.. and this is what we saw


And the cache..



I was SO tired on Sunday from the long day of caching I wondered if I would lose interest but it was just as fun the very next day.

No comments: