Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another day like the other day

I have been very busy at work as has Bob. We have things to look forward to but right now the days have been a bit too warm and too busy. I am dealing with boring things like setting up the new destination based sales tax on my computer at work. We have found the time for a few geocaches. A couple of them "I" actually found as usually Bob gets there first.

I bought myself a Garmin Etrex GPS unit. One of the less expensive models designed for geocaching or hiking. Partly because I wanted to see if they were equally accurate in finding the caches and partly because it is hard to pry Bob's unit out of his hands :) I am still figuring out how to use it but it is small and light and it is great to have one of my own to refer to.


This took a minute for us to realize "Why would there be a reflector on this sign on a trail closed at dusk" I love those ah ha! moments best!

We have a couple of local caches that have been eluding us but we have also found a couple we couldn't get the first time around. It helps me to know that sometimes cachers with a lot more finds than us get stumped now and then too. We are at 289 finds right now and I expect this weekend we might hit the 300 mark. Woo Hoo!
So some nights we come home and do dishes and catch up on laundry and some nights we grab a slimfast and our geocaching backpacks and head out for "a few". I'll bet you know which are my favorites nights.
I don't very often pick up SWAG in a cache (mostly we leave trinkets or toys and leave caches richer than we found them) but the other night I found a cache that Bob and I had been looking for for several minutes and inside it was a ring that fit perfectly. It is not new or really valueable looking but it looks pretty and well worn and I wish I knew some history on it. Anyway, I picked it up and took it home and found it impossible to photograph well, it is heavy silver not tarnished and has thin looking turqoise triangles around it. It is my "GeoRing" ...

No comments: