This was a very good Thanksgiving. Families were mellow and in pretty good cheer. The food was awesome! I enjoy getting to know my adult nieces (missed Holli who spent the day with friends, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Holli but that you missed us too!) Bobs Mother was tired and held court in her room for part of the afternoon but it felt like all of us were sharing a feeling of Thankfullness to have this day of family. We joined the other crazy folks for early shopping the day after. We made an excellent choice by going to ShopKo where they had some very good sales and prices and did a very efficient job of handling the lines. We stopped at Harbor Freight which was the most busy but not unmanageable and then Kmart because it was near Harbor Freight and wasn't busy at all. We got at least half and maybe more of our shopping done but the pile of gifts always seems pitifully small (I spent HOW much on that??). I need a big burst of Holiday Spirit! Where do you find that? I give Thanks for all the friends and family I hold so dear.
Photo of my niece Ronni and her sweetie Nate

My Mother n Myself
No comments:
Post a Comment